Sunday 10 August 2014

Saturday August 9th 2014 - Belfountain Conservation Area

Yesterday morning I attended Yoga in the Park at the Belfountain Conservation Area. There were only 8 people in the class plus a great instructor. We were on a field right beside the waterfall - no extra calming soundtrack was needed. Because it was so early, there was still dew on the grass, and no one was around! We practiced Hatha Flow yoga, which was relaxing but I'm definitely feeling the work out today. "Yoga In The Park" was held by the Credit Valley Conservation and luckily they have a few more classes this season that I look forward to attending. 
After the class me and some family members had a picnic and went on a hike! Below are some photos that I took during the day. 

Belfountain actually translates to "Belle" meaning beautiful and "Fountaine" to mean the clear spring that flowed when the town was named.   

There is a beautiful swing bridge located near the centre of the park

Down some steep steps and under the bridge is this extremely cool cave.


Facing my fear of heights and crossing the swing bridge!

The waterfall is actually a part of the dam
We went on the Gorge Loop which was about .6 km. 




On our way back we stopped for ice cream at this shop right outside the park!
I got Coconut Island and it was delish. Perfect end to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment